How To Configure FTP Service In Windows 2003 server?
First we need to enable FTP service for windows 2003 server. Check this link to enable FTP service:
Enable FTP service
Once FTP service is enabled…we need to configure the service. To configure the FTP Service to allow only anonymous connections, follow these steps:
1. Start Internet Information Services Manager or open the IIS snap-in.
2. Expand Server_name, where Server_name is the name of the server.
3. Expand FTP Sites.
4. Right-click Default FTP Site and click on Properties.
5. Click the Security Accounts tab.
6. Click to select the Allow Anonymous Connections check box then click to select the Allow only anonymous connections check box.
When you click to select the Allow only anonymous connections check box you configure the FTP Service to allow only anonymous connections. Users cannot log on by using user names and passwords.
7. Click the Home Directory tab.
8. Click to select the Read and Log visits check boxes then click to clear the Write check box.
9. Click OK.
10. Quit Internet Information Services Manager or close the IIS snap-in.
The FTP server is now configured to accept incoming FTP requests. Copy or move the files that you want to make available to the FTP publishing folder for access. The default folder is drive:\Inetpub\Ftproot, where drive is the drive on which IIS is installed.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)